Friday, January 26, 2007

Solar Eclipse of the Mind

September of 2006: Three of us were having strange health problems at one time: One was being groomed for a possible kidney being removed, I was being sent for an MRI of the brain- the doctor suspected I had a brain tumor due to the distinct hearing loss, and our third friend they suspected a blockage in an artery causing seizures, we were all scared. I called my friend who was having the seizures while I waited for the MRI, we both wondered what we'd find at the end of our tests. We agreed it was scary not knowing. The younger man with the kidney, lucked out, it was something else. I lucked out, it was something else. My friend with the seizures did not luck out: Sometimes we have bad things happen or shape up in life and it becomes very hard to cope with the events, it's as if a giant cloud has rolled infront of the sun, and you sink down in depths and can't find your way up to the light. It tends to make the thinking powers go into such a warp speed that you're almost ready to shutdown as if electrically overloaded. In our case it's a fine man, a gentle man, a younger man than you might think, who has been a main artery in a vast family, who has always lent a hand to anyone in need, always had a kind word for those of us who are have been worn down or weary by our days, always sent us on our way a little bit more optimistic than we had been. I call him in jest "our GodFather", I kiss his hand at times to make him laugh...when he is in GodFather Mode. He is our friend, our confessional, he knows all of our little secrets, oddly enough he has never judged any of us., the way we sometimes do to others. Our fine man has been a body victim of the the condition known as cancer, brain cancer, glioblastoma the meanest of them all. He has won small battles with this body invader, and it still prevails, it is incidious. We must try to keep him focused, not discouraged. We must try and get him to look at all the options. But this will be very difficult, I hope he knows known of us can let this condition win without more battle. He is named for one of the Angels, his Aura which I can be blessed with seeing on people has always been a translucent white, this should not be happening to him. There must be a way around this one, at the very least more....more days, more time, more laughs, more conversations, more gatherings. There must be a way........

1 comment:

The Talker said...

As it says in Luke 8:43-48 ,Jesus asks "Who is it that touched me". People that enter our life,touch us in similar ways.It may be a kind word, a pat on the back,a word of encouragement,a gentle rebuke,or just a shoulder to momentarily lean on. But we are touched,and so, it came to pass, we have shared that moment.