Friday, February 27, 2009
A very basic beautiful scene, a rebirth of sorts
Do you know the value of "a day"? I almost went into a trance two nights back, my need for vacation is so great, I need my loved ocean, a commercial came on showing the sun rising out of the black sky and sea horizon, the sound of the waves.....my eyes took my brain away.....
There is a saying on my fridge, " You can never really escape life, but you can take yourself away for short intervals":
I was back down in Daytona Beach Florida, I was standing on the beach, it was 3:37am, I had driven to this place throughout the night from Orlando, it was a place of memory, a place my brothers had brought me some 30 years earlier for my graduation present from them.,......this trip my son was there with his best friend Chris, and of course on this particular trip my good friend Kathy was with us, coffees in one hand-freezing cold and believe me it is cold on the beach before the sun brings that warmth-you can see your breath, an April morning standing in the dark on the beach waiting for a sunrise I had promised them, signs posted about some curfew I wasn't ever aware of till that wonderful glow appeared out on the horizon slight at first-a glint of light, and getting bigger, stronger, rounder, and oranger with every 10 minute sequence, gulls flying everywhere, and sandpipers running up to the fresh surf as it pounded the sand on the beach.
Stronger, oranger, and finally bringing some warmth to this new born day, it was powerful. It was a keeper time frame, something no one's been able to strip from my memory banks yet.
It was a time when you had forsaken me, a stark and alone time frame, life seen in black and white-the color had gone, but God and light of new born days that we've derived from our questions of where it all came from, all the beauty that is, the Ocean, the Earth, Stars & the moon, those wonderful northern lights I still haven't seen, all of those un-measureable new starts gave me myself back slowly, gave me some confidences back that I could make a difference as well in the other three people's lives by sharing this time with them, for it was one of the most beautiful sights we have ever seen, this beauty over the white sanded beach of Daytona. It was as if after traveling a very harsh and long road, a road you didn't know if you could keep traveling, well at the destination it was as if you had received a healing from the beauty of it all.
If you could give me a day where I could show you my beauties, I would take you there, I would have you see the world through my eyes for at least 3 hours, there.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment