Tuesday, November 15, 2011
11/15/2011 - 1st day of layoff 101, 102 & 103
I remember 2008 and the stock market going crazy, I remember trying to protect a now evaporated 401K, I remember hearing about crooks and ponzi schemes, I remember the 1st lay off of 2009, and the second one of 2010, and today we arrive at the new official one of 2011.
It's already been such a long haul for so many including us, resources used up, penalties were paid, slowly household and people run down, repairs don't get made, clothing gets threadbare, and so at a very somber level we enter another challenge, but Dear America we enter it totally leveled, we clearly see that while one half is somber trying to meet the daily horizon, that the other half is still very oblivious to what we experience, what has become our norm, suffice it to say I added three new Mercedes yesterday onto various policies, and I worry for us about who will need the next repair, I already know of two vehicles in need of parts and labor. We haven't been to a restaurant in years, I simply worry about how to get reduced weekly groceries. So believe me we are not on the same playing ground here.
The Band-aids are used up, and the people less resourceful, so diminish a little each year. But while we're out there, we have to be able to smile and shine with all the personality types encountered. That is getting harder too.
If I was Sunshine today, I'd have a little cloud in front of me, and just be peeking out.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment