Friday, July 25, 2014

A very long tunnel

"When was the last time, you ever saw the sunrise?" Did you appreciate it? Did you ever think expansively of all it does in a day? The man caught me off guard enough asking me if I wanted an updating day off, I usually put in for a vacation day, and after 10 years of working with him, he actually took a guess on what the day is, that's where he really caught me off the old guard. At times I do realize how many shield upon shields of armor I have installed over the smiling lady, sometimes I am damn near vaulted, so as I drove home I wandered into the time tunnel so damn far away and sometimes so near, I can actually still feel it all. Sometimes things occur and you can't take them personally, other times you take them very personally. It's like being on the good ship lollipop one minutes, and finding yourselves plummeted into a dark deep holes of very raw feeling, bottom of the barrel distress and anguish. And it makes me miss my dog, old companion, with her sixth sense. So I wander back out of the tunnel after several emotions invoke other emotions, dust myself back off, throw up more armor, and know that yes, it should have been different, still no conclusions as to the why of how things shape, always a missed gigantic opportunty, but in truth the one did keep our hands totally full. <3 The Shadow

No comments: