Thursday, July 10, 2008

Life, a tribute to an incredible man

When was the last time you saw a sunrise or a sunset? Do you know the value of "a day"? Odd, I finally wrote you your tribute last night, I had been unaware of it's existence until Lee presented it. I've been confused between grieving over your endgame, and celebrating all that you had created, nutured, and loved on this earth. I think I felt I was loving it all, and enjoying it all for you still. I felt your approval in 2007 when you sent all the monarch butterflies. Gods, Chicago, Fantastic, so very cool of you to do this for all to enjoy, the wonder you put into our hearts. I smile for this. I watch the air more in anticipation. This years butterflies have been white, less volume, but you had gotten to a good place. And the deer, the mother and fawn you had toy with me two days in one week, she trusted me, why? So did the baby. Oh well, You know we all love you still, miss you still but now we will continue on our paths, a little muddled, a little worn down, but time is precious isn't it? I took all of the other writings off, I knew you enjoyed some of them, and others you let me think it out on, I did appreciate that. I will go back to taking care of your brother, your friend so much like you-but harder as I told you he would be, he always hides the gentle part well from the world so they don't burn him too easily. And though it will be harder for awhile, we still will ride shotgun as promised. I love you well my friend, and now I shall go on. As I told you the day they sent me in to say goodbye, I cannot do that, so I simply will tell you as I did then: "I'll see you later"! You smiled as your smiling now, cause I am still such a girl...sometimes. A Tear & A Smile for you, Love Kath

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Beautiful, sad, life is and then it appears to be not, though the "not" is merely that which we cannot see as we ordinarily do see life because our physical vision is all we aknowledge. Love you.
Jeep