Saturday, August 30, 2008

The lights in the fire

Do you know the value of "a day"? Some weeks we work harder than others. Some weeks beat us up a bit more than others. I escaped from work last night, and went to my new part time office to meet some old friends who welcomed me back to a place I was 23 years ago, that was wonderful. Of course I had many new faces to meet and that was at night, the day shift would be more complicated, yet I picked the night to ease my first steps back into this real estate office. Got the needed paperwork eliminated, and got things in motion for the future which remains unshaped. I came home, it was approaching twilight, and I was by myself, so I supplied and stacked the firepit...a new item to me, I started the fire with some newspaper, and she came to life, and I sat out there as twilight turned to black and I did so enjoy that fire, some music going in the background. I cooked dinner on the grill for an imaginary family who took no part in it once it was done, but I didn't care this time around as I was so enjoying the fire. Friday phone calls came in, and I had my ear piece in to free my hands, and still sat there. My time spent watching the beautiful flames, smelling the wonderful smelled the woods give off, stars easier to see overhead, and I relaxed from the week, and daydreamed a bit, shoes off connected to the earth and the elements a bit more than usual in this shoed world. It was good, it has a healing to it. I was back down into myself as that is all I can be.

No comments: