Amazing unit of measure to use is this fine Election Question of 2012: "Am I better off than four years ago?"
Well let me answer this in Kathy Speaks which can be a unique way to view a few things, I am a person with good long term memory, bad short term here and there, but I most certainly remember sitting here in September 2008 the year that George Bush & his miserable co-hort were celebrating their 8th year of annihilating/running a country,
I looked at my dears 401K and saw it had lost many thousands of dollars as the stock market went bezerk, news medias hyping all the doom and gloom, more plummets, I did what everyone said not to do & I moved it out of the stocks, and into a safer slower mode, within 1 years time it re-couped some of that loss which would take us to September of 2009 and the total new construction housing collapse that would make me think way too often of Scarlett O'hara, and her Civilization Gone with the Wind, the great cicil war between the north and south left the South totally collapsed monetarily their currency no longer good, their estates manless or moneyless, decay and chaos reigning over what had been the Old South. Rhett Butler did sight to her that out of destruction come construction, and that rebuilding would commence again, profits were to be made out of that re-construction, new fortunes made by the builders and suppliers.
I was in my past life a history buff, it never ceases to amaze me how much could be learn from the past if man would only keep a clearer memory.
We were involved in New Construction so my man who had spent his adult lifetime building homes, supervising the many phases of building a subdivision became one of the MILLIONS laid off & phased out of an entire industry labeled New Construction.
And his wife who's ace card for making additional money in a pinched market, The Realtor in the family also became powerless in this field as all resale housing markets ground to a halt, then came the first glut of foreclosure homes, and another, waive after waive, year after year. Friends and selves struggling to hang onto everything they'd worked light years for. Many never made it, foreclosed on after being 2 months late, finally having a payment to send in the bank returned it to them already, they invoked the acceleration clause in the original signed mortgage, he tried to use the Home Affordable Mortgage Program being hyped and didn't make that either, he had owned his own carpet installing company, but his wife was laid off.....so not enough income, really, no shit Sherlock!
This was a gift given us by a republican choice of the people, those two men should have been exiled from the country once the stunts they pulled came to light.
Our current President and his opposition were pulled into the loop as they country sunk, 24/7 Congress & Senate sessions brought about the bail out of the very guilty banks, Wall Street, and automotive giants before our current President ever walked into the Whitehouse.
So short memories ensue, 2 years later the current laws allow a change over in the House that would fight every single bill the President would want passed, 2 years also starts campaigns way too early for the Presidents re-election or an opponent, 4 years later new elections 2 weeks away, the countries lost their minds and no one remembers what the heck landed us in this dung pile!
I remember. Am I better off than four years ago? Are we? We stood, we struggled, we sold off things near and dear, we tried, we made it, we survived it, and slowly it gets better, I see it here, I see it through my insurance agency as people call in for re-establishing their insurance on business, the amount of certificates of insurance the different companies ask for, some of the first and second wave foreclosures have sold off now. I see the shift of the New Construction trademen shifting to the Post Destruction as they fix up the pre-existing homes that economically collapsed people were forced to leave.
Would I elect Mitt for President? No way, no how, I would let him sit my dog. He's an actor and why people can't tell that from his ever changing answers is way beyond me.
The man who actually has a backbone to try and get some type of slow progress made is already in the house.
And for practical pigs everywhere: Why would you even want to risk the down time of converting, or re-establishing a new team at this most critical time, it would take them 2 years just to get up and running, we'd feel the backlash of that.
No Way, No How!
Sunshine
No comments:
Post a Comment