Sunday, April 28, 2013

A visit with my side of the family

"When was the last time, you ever saw the sunrise?" My oldest brother from California is in for a visit along with his wife, a week of house hunting, and catching up with family and friends, she was born here, too.

She loves California more than him, he wants to come back home now.  She loves the California weather, but has an aging auntie here, who needs more helping as time goes by. The auntie has turned mean, and threatens her niece with the family wealth, makes it more of a challenge, so house hunting they go in the land of Lincoln.

Today is our family gathering, a couple of years since the last one already, my mother's daughter is so looking forward to this that some 5 hours too early I am showered, dressed and ready for the day, and yes I can still laugh at myself if I want to, people never believe when I tell them the child lives on inside me, but it all too true. My non-smoker brother will host the event, mostly due to his young grandson, and toys and known terrain bringing comfort to one so young, and we love this boy, and love watching grow, he's very good natured and loves his little world of exploring.

And me, I'll be happy to see them all, so many things to get caught on, things a phone just can't accomplish as well. Some leisure time on a sunday that promises 60 degree weather.

A day in the life of sunshine <3 p="">



No comments: