"When was the last time, you ever saw the sunrise?" Slight sunrise seen most days over house roof tops to my east, I could never describe all the thoughts that swirl.
I now 58 and my better half hits 60 this coming week, first thought each sunrise is I am glad we're both here, ironic since at days end I still have the same thought.
I think of our family, and of our families, and again feel the warmth of first light. We blessed, time, smiles, laughs, more. Back to "I wish you enough".
In a world where all types of cultures hold Gods, prayer, and methods in conflict, where a persons lifespan and events altered what they believed or to what extent they believed, I find I am totally well grounded in at the very least savoring the beauty I see with each days new start. Each an opportunity to get something furthered or in some cases corrected.
And then the clock keeps ticking.
Some humor emerges, I am without a doubt the same damn child I always was, peg board on the floor, hammer in hand that would occasionally miss and hit thy small fingers instead of the peg for which she aimed. And more fun to the mix was shapes of pegs I wanted in the slot, so in the words of the great Kurt Vonnegut " And so it goes".........
Much progress made can simultaneously equal no progress made, and the peg board of life goes on, so you never really know what makes a girl smile.
At times I watch our son, sort life out, oddly enough using his mother's processes instead of his better organized fathers, that would be too easy if he inherited all of his good qualities, instead he got too many of the woman genes, so after a spring break of sending out many, many resumes for potential teaching opportunities in his beloved High School ENGLISH, the very last day possible on this Earth, he signs up for the burden of more classes to obtain his endorsements in Special Ed, it is a course that will consume 1 week in June, and 2 weeks in August, for which the charming school charge $16,000 more which will have to go onto the student loan burden of life, thus the harshness of having made that particular decision for a young man with plenty of good dreams to yet be realized, who is already working two jobs these last two years trying to get the old student loans down SLOWLY...., plus he will have to take time off of work in order to achieve a goal that might make him realize a better future, but it is for now the best decision in an economic down-turned teaching market, hiring freezes, school closings have hit at a worst possible time for some. This one area of special education keeps growing and has much demand foreseeable well into the future.
And the lady of the house plays with the pegboard, trying to live up to the next IRS expectation, one would think an easy fix, but it is always a challenge, as there are plenty of other arenas that sponge up any small excess, and I'd guess in a perverse world with some perverse humor added, that could be a reason for some smiles to flash, that irony of the peg board is still with us, and the challenge of getting them hammered in as needed goes along following us like a shadow while we walk amongst the day.
We're here, families here, works here, and finally Spring is here, and I'll keep paying homage to each sunrise that is here, :)
No comments:
Post a Comment