Wednesday, May 6, 2015
Burst of Heart
"When was the last time, you ever saw the sunrise?" Every time I talk to my son.
Sometimes I am amaze at how much capacity we have for love. First I was amazed at how much I've loved and liked my husband, and the only other one that can entirely still blow me away is our son.
Two weeks ago he mentioned that next year he'd stick most likely with the Special Education position he held this year at school, although an English Class vacancy had come up, those classes would be a new challenge, and the classrooms are monitored by your peers on a weekly or every 2 week basis, then your peers tell you where you can improve or are falling short in your skills. He said he'd probably not apply for that even though it would bring an increase of wage.
As always his mothers brain pondered that scenerio, and understood where his comfort zone is, and also that any new challenge being constantly observed and critiqued could be an unnerving situation, the back of his mothers brain also concluded that it was great for him to have arrived at a point where he has a choice, an opportunity to do one thing he's come to love and is good at, versus the opportunity to do something he'd always wanted to do, and that was to be a High School English Teacher, it was his American Dream. Sometimes I am so proud of his thinking processes in his vocation choices made all along this rather lengthy road of the past 5 years that I absolutely have trouble containing myself, but do to a point where he's probably not sure what I'm thinking, it's like discipling a black lab, so much child remains in me it's like I want to jump out of the closet when I get happy. And yes, I can relate to his dog, too.
So this weeks phone call, he's been offered the English position and has accepted it, High School English, Juniors next year. He's also on an advisory committe that mentors a group of the young beings towards their goals, and his school is all about prep for college.
He's coached baseball this season for his high school, up early for practices, out late in the day for games, and double headers at that, giving up sleep and home time which was never in his nature, and enjoying himself and the kids even though their all tired by now, off into the playoffs they've managed to get to.
I couldn't be happier for him, he is a good hearted young man, with a very beautiful soul. No manual were made for rearing a child, yet somehow my husband and I were blessed with Justin all these years, he keeps us moving, he keeps us thinking and stimulated.
Thank you for being our son, and Happy Mothers Day weekend because we've had you.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment