Saturday, October 20, 2018
Drawing a blank on the work week.
"When was the last time, you ever saw the sunrise?"
Yes, the child, the woman, and the shadow still enjoy the sunrise.
The work week muddles it when you get up at 5am, and try to fit living time in before 8:30am work which last until 5pm, home arounnd 5:30pm, start dinner unless the dear spousal unit has already started it, which can be fun for the tardy girl, eat around 6:30- or 7pm, bed by 8:30pm. Next day do it again. Run errands or shop during lunch.
The work day is comprised of being strapped to a phone and a computer, so very little physical unless I break it up with filing tons of insurance paperwork for our clients.
My boys at work some early birds, some later and leisured show up and leave whenever the hell they want to, yet the staggered schedules leave little room for concentration as they are constantly talking "at you", constantly needing something, you roll out the door damn near brain dead, especially on monday, tuesday, wednesday, Thursday is payday & by friday you treat yourself to a Duncan Latte and say "I've got this". Friday noon I shop for groceries, get gas if I need it, grab smokes if needed, and go back to work even more determined than ever to have an empty email inbox by the end of the day, all papers filed, reminders written for monday (yes at 63 yrs old I will forget why I have the file out), important to have all client vehicles schedule & id cards to them, all claims called in the insurance companies as it takes them 24-48 business hours to contact the parties afterwards.
We half on an old computer program, and half on a new one, lots of learning curves and data needed to be constantly updated, a nightmare in progress since January of 2018.
The one thing I look forward to is coming home, I love being at home. I put up the garage door and still like a young girl check to make sure his car is there, and I watch him leave each morning wishing him smooth travels.
As we age the working gets harder, but the coming home is still the best part, I hope it will always be.
Saturday & Sunday next!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment