Thursday, October 22, 2009
A Fisherman's Prayer
I Shall pass this way but once, any good that I can do let me do it now, I shall not pass this way again.
The following prayer was oddly enough on Uncle Bob's memorial cards, but being the daughter of a fisherman, the sister of a fisherman, and the wife of a fisherman, it touched me gentle and true:
A Fisherman's Prayer
God grant that I may fish
Until my dying day
And when it comes to
My last cast
I then most humbly pray,
When in the Lord's
Soft landing net
I'm peacefully asleep,
That in His mercy I be judged
As good enough to keep.
And so I wish all of my fisherman the very best endings to their fishing days, and I always have. That probably explains better why I've always been their biggest advocate. I remember my Dad's sadness when he couldn't/or his body couldn't go on the longer trips anymore, I remember him on his last father's day, the boys gone on a trip to fish, kindly accepting the company that surrounded him, and being gracious about the robbed opportunities that age took advantage of. However, he was the whole day in his white fishing cap my brother had given him. And I have the pics to prove it.
God Bless my Guys, more adventures for you before the darkness comes.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment