Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Some white light, please.

A day can be mighty long, a long lazy day, a long work day, a long day in events. Your religion can start to slip at times, unsure of what you believe anymore, and yet you find yourself praying, so I guess I have to stick with Jesus for the last round, he was always the one I prayed to anyhow, he's a paragraph in a dictionary, but has always been big in my life of decades. So simple really and a win win, they wrote gospels off him all the good stories I learned to read off of days prayer book as I was shoosh in church, not understanding some parts and Dad conveying what it meant in Chicky speaks, Mom giving us a look for talking in church, and days when was reversed, but I learnt the beauty of how it should be from those stories, and I learned the sadness of history from those same stories, and I cried the first time I heard of holy thursday, the betrayal, and of course the finale of what is called Good Friday, which has never seemed good to me. So I pray to someone who either had a great advantage over the common man, and yet lived as one, I pray to someone who was the greatest story teller of all time, I pray to the goodness that he left in his past for us to find. The week brings events of babies re-hospitalized for ailments we wish they didn't have, so we pray for them, car accidents other are involved in and we pray for them, we pray that they only have good things shape for them, our love for our family is bigger than most perceive, these older eyes have seen much pass, but there are certain things we would never want for our family. So Jesus if you have any power to guard, and powers to guide, please keep the white light over those I love. I am not perfect, I am not without fault, but it is the good one asking you for light over this all.

No comments: