Saturday, May 21, 2011

1 Coin, two sides

"Have you ever seen the Sunrise?" Yesterday we went to a wedding. The family of the groom's mother and I have been friends for quite awhile. Last year her daughter was married and I went to that wedding with Kit, it was a lovely wedding, everyone shined, much laughter, much dancing, good spirited conversation. Yesterday's wedding was for her son and his lovely bride, very happy they are, and yet everyone else seemed out of temper would be my best description, they had all been stretched a bit too far, or some underlying problem kept pummeling through their enjoyment. A much smaller wedding, but it meant much to me that we'd been invited to join in their celebration of life, and I'd always wanted my spouse to me the people I'd spent the 12 missing years with, good friends can get you through a ton of darkness when the lights go out, and I remember being there for them as they were for me, I remember the love and warmth they gave to me and to each other. Some of me concludes that in 12 years especially the last 5, we are aging, we have aged to the point where it is all harder, a table of aches and pains, standings not comfortable nor is sitting for too long, clothing that to some is not comfortable, they'd all rather be in jeans, social graces of greetings murmured over and over, toasts, and well wishing, and many traveling much further than they'd have liked to, we'll a few of them must have bottomed out at the same time to the point where I'm sure my partner couldn't see what my brain cells had captured. So, odd most of our table abandoned off into 6 different directions, music a little loud for conversation, although fun as the groom had picked it all out himself from every decade. The ending and the 1 1/2 drive home had us happy we both only had one drink early on some 5 hours earlier, when we came upon a town doing 10 car random checks for drinking and driving, a road block and a parking lot off to the side whereby they'd check people for DUI. So, home, clothing changed out, tired, but glad to have landed back here, and off to a much needed rest. The Oldsters

No comments: