Tuesday, May 10, 2011
The Wine, the rainbows
"I can't remember if I cried when I read about his widowed bride, but something touched me deep inside the day The Music Died"-Don McClean/American Pie
Action, re-action Physics, a law that still holds the ultimate fascination for this old girl. I witness it in constant motion, I witness it in constant emotion, some days I am so strung out there amongst the subliminal that I have a hard time grasping the realities amongst all the scenes playing out, it takes days for me to finally grasp it, and get the bottom line for the old Kathy, the one who hasn't been pummeled to smithereens...."Where's Waldo" for those who read the books, she laughs?
And so maybe on a monday evening she imparts too much white wine too quickly on an empty stomach, and the frickn light bulb goes on (still laughing at self). She takes a tour in her well loved blooming yard, a place that evolved into beauty slowly by the hands of her father, her mother, her husband, her son, herself holding sentimental flowers planted by now unseen hands, and some still seen hands, a yard full of live people and ghosts, my ghosts, and the wine hits and she's off to babble something out with her husband of many intriguing yet all in all happy years.
She sees him realize what he's dealing with, he loves her at the same moment he wants to box and contain her, so he agrees and gives her his own insights as to trying both things as none can hurt, but all or either can help.
He relinquishes her of the garden hose and the watering responsibilities so she dial for help in further the agenda, it takes a village to love a person, to care for a person, she just couldn't live in an empathic world-mutiny ensues, it is the one thing that makes her crazy, the child with the peg board of 3 yr old recall lives on and we don't like the pegs that won't fit, we have to pound those damn things until they reshape into some doable.
And so he is happy when the food is cooked and ready to come in, so he can get her fed and settled, sometimes she drives him crazy, yet that is where the light comes from, like a moth to a bulb, they still feed each other back and forth, situation to end. We speak of regrets and no regrets sometimes as it was always important to us to have as few as possible of them as our clocks run down or out, and we always quill the others, we will not add more, not without resistance.
Life can be tricky, it can appear empty, but when you're blessed with good people in all the important corners, you have to see the beauty in that without the wine. There are so many times where I am fascinated by the beauty a handful of people can give off, rainbows in themselves.
-Sunshine
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment