Monday, July 4, 2011

An interesting weekend, running solo.

So many relationships, so little time, or so I thought. Friday, friends of mine from an Ex-Job surfaced, one in town from Michigan, and the other available wanted to do a get together, it's been a few years, so we met Melissa, David & I at Dirty Nellie's for lunch outside in their garden cafe. It was intensely hot, David was gracious enough to buy us ladies lunch, Melissa brought back the trinity ring (A celtic ring) which we have for some 10 years now shared, all of us alittle Irish, David gave it to me back in 2002, he had found it in an antique shop in 2001, wore it for a year, and took it off one day and told me I was more Irish than him, it was better off with me. David worked for me and along side of me for way too many years as he made his way through college, Mel worked in accounting, but had the same perverse sense of humor, we saw a lot of humor in our daily work, yet always got the job done & on time. So now the ring is back with me, we have a nice lunch, they both have jobs the really enjoy after years of searching, and I am happy for them. I come away glad we made the time to see eachother again, some type of grounding takes place when we catch up, like it's needed for the chapter to commence, and as we do hugs and take our leaves I wish us all the best. I run a couple of errands, drop back at my house, do what's needed, and take off again for social gathering number two of the day, my friend from 8 years on Cyndie has a gathering at her house, her house family is used to me, I've been there the last few years at one gathering or another, but it's the oldsters her mom, her sister in law June up from Tennessee, her niece and nephew I've known them for a very long time, the kids now are parents and grand parents, yet I knew the kids when they were newborns, I knew June when she was a young bride long before a marriage could go wrong, Cyndie's mom Sylvia has been like a 2nd mom to me, and Cyndie....out of all the people I know and I am related to Cyndie is always so happy to see me, she values that we're still ticking, I guess when our darling Lisa dropped that this is the gift she left to us, eachother. So I enjoy myself, and all these fine personalities, they are so gracious, some southern charm interlaced with our northern ways, I spent enough time smiling. I go back home even more repaired from all my days outreaches. It is good, I've needed this for awhile. It is living time, outside in the sun. Dinner, sleep, and up again: Sunday, some computer tasks, some balancing of checkbook versus the one that never sleeps, a low 2 digit, hmmm. Phone rings it's The Talker reaching out to put me onto a path I found yesterday somewhat already clouding due to tasks of the morning, he assigns me some reading materials, tells me to start over and re-create my landscapes and vibrations of output, I get off the phone, I read, I think, I go back and pull my March blog back into the present. And then Justin who had gone off to a friends house for a barbecue which was a gathering of his friends, but one to which we'd been invited also calls me to ask if his Dad and I would be stopping by or his dad was still out in the garage painting lures, and he was still painting, (in truth he didn't stop until 7pm), Justin tells me one of the other Moms is there who I hadn't seen in light years, so I throw on my two makeup articles, change and go, it feels good to be out driving my old truck to see the youngsters. Well I was impressed upon my arrival, my son came out to greet me, he brought me over to all his friends who were like adopted children to me for a long haul of time, (I was their Chauffeur, I was also their rescue squad back in the 90's, something I roped my husband into as well ) and we did hugs and greetings, and got caught up a bit, he showed me David's house which is a nice house, it's well geared to friends and gatherings, a bachelor's house, pie shape lot with a narrow ingress to a man made lake, a nice summer porch looking out, games set up, a finished basement as well complete with pool table and more games, and a large screen tv for sports viewing, they call it a Country Club and I saw the beauty of that from their late 20's mentalities, it is a party house. David used to skate across my living room carpet back in their rollerblading days, now he's a host to many old friends, especially the original core group. Seeing all of this and taking in the kids and where life has changed or landed them, I can only say although I love them all in a special way, I love my own son very well and all the more for his invite, his graciousness, his friendly banter with his own friends, I love him more for who he let himself become, he changed in ways they were not willing to, he let go of most of his old teen ways and moved onward, whereas some of them still cling to it, yet I am most impressed that he has never abandoned them despite some major differences in lifestyle, and neither have they, they maintain a solid friendship. Murph is the other one that found his own path. I walked away feeling good for having seen everyone, and as I go I am happy, for although my son see's David with a house and all the extra's that can go with it, I think as long as he has books, art supplies, guitars and piano and good friends, he is happy at his core...I think he always will be, I think that core will always attract something else good into his life. A 3 day holiday, and already so many adventures, I wonder what today will bring.

No comments: