Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Run for the Roses

I am an online researcher by nature, if I think of something I will goggle it and read whatever I feel like in the links that reveal themselves. I was thinking of our lives and the various ways they've altered in the last few years and I looked up what my husband's old company Lakewood Homes has become: Lakewood Solutions and while I did so I found a blog they keep, it was actually a very positive blog explaining some of the services they now offer to banks who are needing foreclosed homes revamped or brought up to snuff. I think what touched me most was the heart the blog articles were written with, and that heart belongs to the companies owner Buz Hoffman. We always liked him and respected him, and so I was very happy to see articles written with some of our own soul kindred to his. There is no doubt we all went into shock when the housing market crashed so drastically as previously described in other Sunshine postings, but he runs this new company with a positive eye kept on the future, and he offers solutions to making the best of a horrible situation, his postings are filled with gentle references to the truths we now all live with, and somehow as I stumble along again seeing the hideous effects of daily labor play out on my husband body a man who sometimes confesses he doesn't know how many more days he can go there and do the physical labor called for in his early 20's and anyone knowing him would know he gives 100% to each of those days..no slacker...and me trying to keep the rabbits (as I call them, grocery shopping is hunting for rabbits here), and keep the ship from sinking by plugging holes in the bow, well somehow Buz reached my soul with own writings and pulled me to the thought of betterment's out there. I found a way to send him a letter of thanks for the old days, spouses never got to say goodbye to a man that hosted many company/family barbeques, ones where we'd laugh as my husband would try hard to give him the shirt literally off his back as they both had a penchant for wild prints on summer shirts, and to let him know that his blog is a positive force and well written, it would have to benefit anyone seeing it. And with all that said my man came in that night from a 13 hour day of tearing off a roof landing home at 8:30pm (my mind thinks: Oh God), his back and legs numb from the discs slipped out of place, on principle he won't "never while I'm breathing" think of going on disability because of all the slackers who defraud the system some of who he's met, and so we still both wish for a sane 12 month job, and go to bed with hopes for tomorrows soothing today. We Run for the Roses.

No comments: