"When was the last time, you ever saw the sunrise?" Emotions conflict:
This morning I can hear my robin singing it's wake up call, it's February 17th, my robin's back in Illinois way too early for him/her to be happy long, another cold snap will come, harsh on someone looking for earthworms, I go to the front window and hear the funny clicking noise you'll hear from a tree or bush in warmer seasons, I love it and laugh as it's a cardinal hopping from branch to branch, it's just starting to get some light to the sky, I love nature and what it brings to my life even in february, you have to stay tuned to soak it in.
The headline saddens me, on February 13th a woman in the next town had her bags packed, Limo ordered to pick her up the next morning for a trip to Florida to meet up with her husband, by my birthday the 15th they had figured out through the limo driver, friends and family, that she never kept that appointment for the airport and trip, she and her car were missing.
By the 15th afternoon they found her car in an un-incorporated road in Wauconda, I worried for her and her safety, wondering what had gone wrong, did she meet someone, did she get snagged along the way, not the best area to be alone, and so the mind wanders.
She was found yesterday on a patch of land not terribly far from the car within a few blocks, she had an empty water bottle near her, and two bottles of emptied pills. The Lake County Coroner office is now in possession of Marie.
Heart for the family, all the questions, all the surprise, she had packed her grandsons Valentine's Day card, all the intentions of making the trip were there. What happened to you after the luggage was packed? What shaped or unglued in the missing hours? Will anybody really ever know? When I saw your picture earlier in the week you reminded me of someone, my thoughts wander to all the women on friday nites of old, out for dinner with friends, and some lighthearted dancing to the live music of the 60, 70 & 80's all of us enjoying that at the very least we were still alive, we'd make our own fun for a few hours and that served to carry us through the week.
And as your story unfolded, I prayed you'd be found okay, you could be any women. You could one of us.
Your story has touch our hearts, and we are saddened that this became your path, that your family is left with this.
All of those years to get to this.
No comments:
Post a Comment