People are driven by many different motives in life, and at any one isolated moment it can become hard to discern, I am standing my profile to the woman's view, I am caught in the minute of cooking, so I did not expect the story of the sad tale of your adventure , I don't know if my color changed or if she saw my eyes well up.
I think she knew I had a soft spot for you, you were the one that set Sunshine in motion, it was you who encouraged a mind to express itself, the words that have poured out since. Moments of sadness released, and many happier times of growing up in Chicago, the small and common places we both knew in different time era's, yet all three loved the terrain. The day I described Annunciation off of Paulina, and the rectory and church and you wrote back , setting many other memories of a big city in motion, and it's effect on one soul or more.
I can only express the sadness I felt for your chaotic day that impacted your lives. Sadness for you, and heart for them. Time can be a friend and an enemy robbing our bodies as they age of the balance they once knew, no two bodies the same for what will be lacking to throw the game out of kilter.
Strength of the long haul, strength of mind and character, changed in a moment, diminished capacity with no return will rob for a short time a family of who they had been, but one day down the road, they will remember the better days. The better days will be all that count.
All of us are not perfect, one segment sees flaws in another from time to time, it's a long life we lead with ever shifting shapes of who we are to one person that may be sorely lacking for another, we don't all mesh, there's no 100% for agreements or behaviors. To me you were a positive force to express myself. And I thank you.
None of us know where the road goes, or how it will end, so we continue the journey one step at a time, learning as we go, and hopefully giving of ourselves some small thing that might make a bettered difference in the lives we touch.
Always having a small prayer "for the best possible outcome" .
No comments:
Post a Comment