Chaos Reigns, well yes it certainly does. My place of work as I've mentioned before is a diverse office suite whereby I am the MONKEY IN THE MIDDLE, with my own company on one side of me, two lawyers in back of me, and another company dealing in outsourced communications to my other side, doors opening and closing all day, sometimes harshly, one temperamental, a huge conference to be shared by all with no sign up sheet which was suggested to the neighbor occupants but arrogance of their own scheduling importance stops them from doing anything that practical. So the doors slam in anger from one, who crashes into another's meeting held in the conference room to tell them loudly they need the room in 15 minutes.
The communications company makes coffee out in my part of the suite and leaves a complete mess on the counter some 5 feet away from I am not the char woman...although I've cleaned up the mess previously I refuse to do it continuously as I did not make it...mine is hours cold from home, or regardless that I am on the phone with clients most of the day they insist that they take their chat break 5 feet away from me, resulting in mental chaos as I try to listen to my insured only to hear voices speaking Indian paces away, grinds down any concentration span you had left.
They still bicker over the heating and air conditioning, two zones within the suite both sources running combating one mans progress for the gratification of the other, heating contractor is called in, back and forth with his ladder all day, he merges the duct work from two systems (he is from poland, little English) he tells the building manager what he's done and as the cold air duct is right above me I smile as the manager tells him that is not going to work I start laughing, and off they go...towards the temp agency that is mostly out of my chaos territory.
Next my invisible boss strolls in after a 6 hours disappearance, nothing new there, loll land has been prevalent of late, and then it takes two hours for him to get caught up in my day reading emails that have long been answered, and printing off policies I've already printed.
And his brother returns next from his own outting, sun glasses lost, a 50.00 coupon lost and he rants and frets directly across from me, my boss rented him an office and he should have been moved last week away from me, yet he bought a desk in a box that has not yet been put together as he cheaply decided his son could do that for him...so after one attempt it sits 1/4 together in that office floor space.
I argue with my boss (never pretty) over three policies I need written that he's been blowing off on, and tell him he has a disgruntled employee, he finally gets the drift when I offered to take the business elsewhere, and so it goes.....
As Rhett said to Scarlett: "Tomorrow is another day".
No comments:
Post a Comment