Saturday, May 3, 2014

Being blessed, and enjoying it

I am blessed. I have had a good run, I have had my own two parents whom I loved. I have my own two brothers, who shared so many fun moments growing up and all the strife as well, siblings that know where you came from and usually understand where you've gotten to even if it's not their cup of tea, they do understand and accept. I have a wide array of life sisters who all carry a different color to make up a very cool rainbow in my life. I have a son who has brought me so many years of life enjoyment and various forms of humor, yet touches my soul by his intelligence, his love of music and literature, his love of the arts, and last but not least his love of children. I have my spousal unit who is so much more to me than words could ever describe, he has been beside me for the better part of 39 years, 2/3 of our lives, my young romantic, my very best friend, truly my other half as I try to weigh something out, whether he's with me or not he's entrenched in my brain waves so that sometimes I can't tell where one leaves off and the other picks up the thought process. He's got a knack of reducing to the ridiculous bottom line that can halt me in my tracks. We've been together for the best of days and for all the hardest days, too. To say you love and enjoy someone so much after all this time would be probably be comical to some, but it can actually exist. And Grandpa, he's my sons Grandpa on the paternal side, my husbands father, a dad to many, a friend to many of us that walk onto his porch. I'd have to say that most of his growth came after retirement. So many subjects of interest throughout the years, and now his finally having time to read and delve into all of them one by one, until he found out which ones would keep his interests, and all the sharing of information he has done with all of us who would have common interests. A great deal of care goes into his sharing, there are so many of us, and so many interests intertwined with what he spots as our own personal needs at a given visit, he is our giving tree, and yet as he's impacted us with herbs, universal theories, some religious theories, the arts, books on healing, pressure points, you name it, he's made us into givers, too. And to think we started out with mere astrology so many years back. Now more and more when someone comes to the house for a visit, they leave hopefully with some expanded thoughts, or sometimes with a bottle of herbs and a new found interest in natural things that could replace big pharma in many instances. Each visit is looked forward to, a time for conversation, and some mind expansion our work days don't give a wide berth to, and a deep appreciation for one more day, are some of the gifts that have evolved. Grandpa's gift has been that he's cared about so many of us, and always sees us as our individual souls, and he always feeds the soul. How many people could say that of their retirement years? Yes quite simply, we enjoy Grandpa, and we're still learning. Blessed:)

No comments: