Saturday, May 24, 2014

Getting through the revolving door

"When was the last time, you ever saw the sunrise?" All morning, I'm happy to say. Only twice in my life did I ever walk into some type of revolving door that was the type to hold you hostage, and somehow you just couldn't get out into the sunlight and fresh air that held promise on the other side always within your view, yet intangible as the door wouldn't locate the portal. This week my honey started a new adventure. This week I took a few vacation days and did my regular weekend errands, thinking and enjoying my duties more as I went on a little leisured schedule seems to make it more fun for a change of pace. Also we gave my computer space and desk to my son this week for one my husband had built for him, at first he'd protested being given the computer ( always wanted brand new, instead of re-built), the he played with it and fell in love with the machine. Next we offered him my computer desk, he spoke of getting new, or getting one used by his gals folks that they no longer needed, and then another morning he asked me where I would go if he took my space and desk? That clinched it for me. I may look indecisive at times as I weigh things out, usually involving others I care for slows me a bit, but I am NOT an indecisive person at all, if anything I know I may be a bit rash sometimes in how fast I move on. So Thursday they both came home to relocated computers, and oddly enough that action got me through a revolving door. It made me able to walk away from the last five years, and soundly start a new chapter even as my honey did, chaos be gone. This is a new doorway we've walked through, and the sunlight is right there. Life moves on sometime with or without us, but we can sometimes make 1 gesture that frees everyone to be themselves. It's actually a freedom that now gives him the entire side of the house until he deems to find another dwelling with his lovie, coming soon but he needs more ground under him before it can happen most likely. The fun part for me is it puts me back into a room at least temporarily that was my own office of many real estate years, where my thinking is streamlined and at it's best, and sun light streams through every morning for the days fresh start. One week, and yet small segments of our time came back, to all three. Define Happiness. When things get bettered for someone you love. A Day in the Life:)

No comments: