Saturday, May 3, 2014

Defining Happiness

"When was the last time, you ever saw the sunrise?" A rainy week, sunrises were sparse, but today it streams though our front windows, and I take a minute to appreciate it, to bask in a morning that woke us up, and got us started off in our own mutually agreed on directions. I do really appreciate the simplicity and complexity of us waking, every single morning I reach out....if he's still there I sleep, if he's not I wake, this is my alarm clock. As I get my coffee, I add on that more members of the household are were they should be, and throughout a day I access via media such as face book, cell phone calls or lack of calls what else is still in balance for the time being. Each day is a gift, truly. As long as this goes on we are happy, we being the child, the woman and the shadow of all. Simple, simple. I did think I saw this morning someone with a lighter step walking out the door, he's worked hard and long at trying to get a piece of his own puzzle back into a better place, and has assurances now that his own days and waking should be lighter in the future. Simple, complex, these are big wins. Now we will all be able to be happy for the simplicity of waking each morning, and seeing the sunrise with all she offers us. The child, the woman, and the shadow all thank the universe to whom we cast our thoughts out to. We are happy.

No comments: