Do you know the value of "a day"?
I knew the words to Bobby Dylan's songs before I even knew who wrote them, I'd be singing them a passenger in Ma and Dad's car during some drive they'd take us on......Bobby Dylan was a young man who had tramped around the country with other musicians playing and singing his own songs. Blowing in the Wind remains timeless, it doesn't age as the same situations play on and on in our history, and in our present day.....Wars, economics, corporate greed remains much the same as it was during the Viet Nam War....and each day now it worsens: a giant look back to the 1920's evolving into the great depression, how did we ever let it shape up the same way twice yet we are just days from it unless someone stops the show. I think the markets should be closed for a week or two, pull this train to a halt before nothing is left.
Banks,
Investment Corporations,
Freeze it.
Let the news media find other stories to promote, let them speak facts and not start unconfirmed rumors.
The domino effect may be in full motion, but I would still try to remove one or two to stop the topple.
I think back to stories Mom and Dad told us of the depression years, Dad had to stop school at that point and go dig ditches just to help support his own immediate family, His mother, father and a sister. He would later enlist in the army. I also think back to all we read in College History of those years, Collage history is a giant leap into the truth they skipped in High School.
Blowin' In The Wind:
How many roads must a man walk down Before you call him a man?Yes, 'n' how many seas must a white dove sail Before she sleeps in the sand?Yes, 'n' how many times must the cannon balls fly Before they're forever banned?The answer, my friend, is blowin' in the wind,The answer is blowin' in the wind.
How many times must a man look up Before he can see the sky?Yes, 'n' how many ears must one man have Before he can hear people cry?Yes, 'n' how many deaths will it take till he knows That too many people have died?The answer, my friend, is blowin' in the wind,The answer is blowin' in the wind.
How many years can a mountain exist Before it's washed to the sea?Yes, 'n' how many years can some people exist Before they're allowed to be free?Yes, 'n' how many times can a man turn his head,Pretending he just doesn't see?The answer, my friend, is blowin' in the wind,The answer is blowin' in the wind.
-Bobby Dylan
No comments:
Post a Comment