Friday, September 17, 2010

The Washing Machine & BP Amoco's Oil Spill in the Ocean

Example of a lesson to be learned:
My husband detailed his truck this week,cleaners, and several waxes used.

Woman of house goes & does laundry, special load for these rags and buffing pads, hot water, soap.....yikes 3 washes to get it cleaned, but after the first one I had to wipe down the inside of the machine , the OIL & Grease ring plainly in site at the water line.
The 2nd wash cycle still gave a ring of oil, and the inside of the wash tub still needed to be wiped down.

I thought of the Louisiana coast line that has been consumed by BP Amoco's oil spill washing into shore, and of all the wildlife and plant life affected, I had seen a news special on it and was touched, but I have to admit I really got their points after the washing machine was coated from the car detailing.

Such a sad occurrence, Louisiana, between this event and Katrina they must silently wonder if they are cursed presently.

Why was no contingency plan available for such a disaster?

No comments: