Wednesday, June 8, 2011
A planned day, ad-libbed
Yesterday up early ironing, laundry, straighten the house quickly, a day off from work (2of 2), and off onto the expressway I go, of course my mind being on auto pilot goes to head for 53North as is my daily custom, when in fact I am headed for Chi Town needing 53 South, If I didn't understand myself so much...I'd have been pissed as I had to turn the car around.
In fact my first act of the day was spilling my full 16 oz cup of coffee on some valued papers (uses for oregano oil, tea tree oil, alfalfa, cinnamon, etc.), and so I stayed all day, slightly clumsy, a notch out of sync, always a scary feeling as if something in the brain has just become shot, in fact it started the night before as I jump sideways Eddie Bunker style up the cement stair in back, no shoes, think I broke my baby toe again trying to get Archie whatever the hell he wanted from the kitchen in such a hurry, I love Archie dearly, but sometimes when he's in dictator mode he can make me a basket case, and sometimes it affects my safety and sanity, the mood that someone comes home with can set the evening scenerio for good or bad.
Anyways, I digress, into Chicago I went, some nice man in the third lane put his brakes on for no damn good reason & I almost rear ended him, so once I got to the restaurant to meet our Kit I was able to relax somewhat, the restaurant called the Blue Angel is in my old neighborhood near Habetler bowling alley where I spent much time bowling as a youth and with Kit 2 years back, and near her place of work as well. The Blue Angel is where her & Mike used to go for their breakfasts, it was their favorite.
Then we were going to go obtain the almighty street parking permits for July and on, but right as we got there playing follow the leader we got a babysitting SOS from from the kids two towns over, so we parked my car at the house and away we went to rescue for an hour or two. She does so love that little girl who somehow inherited your eyes, and your smile. She gives the bay the same stick she's used for light years: " What you doing girlfriend", and the baby just starts smiling, it's an awesome smile.
Hugs, kisses, and off we leave for the dollar store, for her and I this is equal to sending other young children to the zoo or museum, we love dollar stores, this one boasts the truth to everything there being a dollar versus all the others which fibb against their titles.
Finally we go back to the house, and chill out, a drink apiece and toast to you and your life as we've done since the first anniversary in 2008. We go downstairs to sit on the front porch a place of many good memories, we watch a squirrel chilling up in the butterfly tree, he's lazy in the heat, the temperature of 96 is a tough one to sit through, finally we seek the refuge of air conditioning and talk about houseplants not liking the change of season. Her son is right she will keep accrueing houseplants, she needs someone to nuture, and they've won the draw.
Finally I depart mid rush hour to get back to my other 1/2 who also needs a friend this day, he is surprised I am home when he comes in, he is tired and sore, and over heated. Shower, relax and a movie, we stay up later than usual on a work night enjoying the movie, and off to bed and our plywooded mattress.
The day is done.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment