Saturday, June 11, 2011

Tiger Lillies

Well, 7 years completed, how many to go? The last two weeks I've taken a few days vacation to use them up or lose them, combined with Memorial day weekend, and also the next weekend as well, as June 7th got me my 7 years with the agency badge, this year the badge came in the form of Tiger Lillies, orange and salmon colored in a white vase, UPS Strolls in with a box of flowers...too much fun, but I have to say the flowers looked beautiful for having been tossed around on trucks for God knows how long, somehow this appealed to my warped sense of humor. Also, non-comformist, spurred on by being taken out to lunch the first few years (I really hate being taken to lunch), since and including 2007 I have been off every anniversary date, thus the flowers arriving on the 8th instead. The lillies arrived with a card which "promised a better year"! Hmmmm, I will ponder that. I started working for one brother, and now the other has returned for several years, workload doubled, people talking at me doubled, plus two people to help trouble shoot their computers when the push a wrong button, wages remained the same, yes the flowers were lovely, and I shall ponder the rest. They asked me if that meant I'd get the 7 year itch? Hmmm.

No comments: