Sunday, January 16, 2011

January 2011 & Crime Potentials

Ok, I have to agree with my oldest brother who told me for some reason all the crazies in were magnetized to me, it's happening again: Two weeks ago I was the bank sandwiched in between two drive machines and a guy walks up to the truck...say his car broke down across the street, family stranded, hungry, spent their last money on rent, could I help them out and take out money for them....I tell him to get away from my truck & I'll think about it............. Friday night our doorbell rings, most people open their door to see who it is, I don't I look through the side window and crack it a bit to hear what this strange to me man wants: " His car broke down across the street", this tired but lame bitch smiles thinking she's heard this line before: he wants to come in so he can use our phone to call his buddy for a ride, he's wearing a stocking cap, he's got a business card in one hand and alludes to numbers on it, he's got a small bag in his other hand ( we think it housed a gun) I'm wearing my cell phone so I whip it out and ask him what number he needs called, he tries for coming in again not wanting to use my cell minutes, but then rattles off his number to be called which goes to a voicemail that sounds like a bar background (wholesome) and never clicks over for a message to be left, he tells me if his friend calls back to tell him to pick him up across the street. My hubby watches him cross the street...there's no car over there but a car comes down our street meets him at the corner and away they drive. I label the phone number I had dialed as "Dumb ass at the door" as I have memory flaws of a peculiar nature and sometimes need something jarring to make a connection, past recall great, current not so great. The phone rings about 5 minutes after they've left...it says Dumb ass at the door...my husband answers it, they want to know who it is, he says "no who's this?" Click, their gone.... I've left it in my phone in case they try to catch me off guard somewhere up the road. Hears the clincher for me: I would hope that if another human being is ever really and honorably empty of a few simple dollars well I hope I would recognize this, and be able to respond honorably. Not to give money to a junkie, a crack addict, a low life out robbing people, but if someone ever needed food to get through a day, I sure the hell hope I will know it. I am at times a hard woman, but I have never aimed at being an uncaring person. My husband says it's simple, if someone was honorable they wouldn't ask for help in that manner. In the current economy, I am not so sure how a true needing soul would act.

No comments: