Friday, January 28, 2011

Life segments

I looked over my shoulder, and they were gone. Life's chapters could be divided into Spring, Summer, Fall and Winter. Then the decades or the years could become sub chapters. I played some youtube oldies out in the 70's this morning, took me back to when we met. Strange timing to meet through other people just because we pulled our cars over so you and my bro could firm up concert plans for that night, Shawn Phillips if I remember right. And then the party the next week at his apartment, pursue, pursue, third strike out, I give up and then you come and find me. And our 3rd time out with guitars, playing on a cold night in the park. That was when I decided I didn't want to part with you, I wanted you in my life, solid. So Spring, Summer, and part of Fall have passed, it's been quite a roller coaster ride, and I selfishly ask for more. More time, More chapters. We've remained so simple despite life's complexities. Your birth stone was very accurate, you are a diamond.

No comments: