Friday, December 3, 2010
Dear Dolly
"Two roads diverged into a wood, and I- I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference!-Robert Frost
So funny, I was thinking of Dolly this morning, I wanted to write her a letter, my brain ADD H as it can get at times already composing parts of it, might be overwhelmed by a week with no smokes, therefore no alcohol cause they go hand in hand -don't they, coping with battles for Health Insurance - contesting exclusions of coverage made against the very things my spouse would need to be checked up on, today's lay off and our adventure on this crazy path we've found in front of us, me finally lighting up and getting so damn dizzy I thought I'd tip over, laughing at myself silly ass that I can be.....
I figured screw the letter, just call, and she answered: I told her I was thinking of her and wanted to write her a letter...she worried what's wrong, told her nothing was wrong, Just wanted to tell her I love her, we laughed, told her we've had some crazy adventure years, told her about my dumb ass move of lighting up and the dizziness...she knows she's done it, told her no matter what the loves been good and big....she knows we love eachother, sometimes we're just too naughty and we're flamboyant when we're naughty but some part inside of us loves it when the other gets flamboyant, she laughs some more as we cry a bit.
She knows I still talk to my folks and they are long gone and missed, told her I was calling her to do some of our talking now, she liked that. So Friday the first in December started a little bit nicer as we spoke of maybe doing a little Christmas gathering in a couple of weeks.
There may be judge's and juries that make conclusions on our lives or on how we conduct them, but in the bottom line of the heart we all have to live up to our own standards of what we never want to leave unsaid, un-expressed.
And so to Dolly my friend who I haven given many runs for the money, challenged her so thoroughly as she would challenge my ass right back, " I love you, no matter what".
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment