Friday, December 17, 2010
The Picture
"Do more than exist-LIVE! Do more than touch-FEEL! Do more thank look-SEE! Do more than hear-LISTEN! Do more than talk-SAY SOMETHING!" - John Harsen Rhoades
The picture on this blog captured much, the talker was talking and taking the pictures, he crops up with camera in hand when you least expect it, and captures a more relaxed subject matter, mild reactions, in this one he captured us relaxed and enjoying a day, took several shots before he moved on to the next captive audience.
Beside us captured, this also caught your rose bush, unbeknownst to the family the rose bushes captured my attention from fall of 2006 until they were chopped down, they were yours to tend, Grandpa was the only who knew I fretted, emailed, and watched their various stages, and question on when and how they should cut back.
Everything changed slowly at first, and then horrendously for many, it is all different, all of our lives are different, we've all been moved to another time and place, some of us have had our interior lives rejockeyed to a point where we barely recognize them, our roles all remodeled into something different with a very hard cold clay. I speak of the economy and the changes it brought to most. Many phone conversations would have come your way seeking advice as always. And the patience you excercised with me would have extended, as I still would have thrown you that humor that made you laugh.
But youngest Santa when I see the rose bush in the picture, I still smile and think of you.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment