"When was the last time, you ever saw the sunrise?" Up too early for the sunrise, but the stars out, shining bright. Insomnia prevails, still no idea why some nights the brain sleeps and others it can't, but the 3 hours will not be enough 12 hours from now
Working in our office daily, well suffice it to say I've been blessed with a very perverse sense of humor, and I think it's actually become my strongest "skill", as correct me if I'm wrong but skills are learned, aren't they?
So, Barak calls early in the morning " Happy New Year", and very much like when my precious Barry calls I start to laugh as soon as I hear his voice, but I know I am doomed. Barak has been traveling abroad for 2 months now, he gave me his new foreign email before he left, and I did use it to send him SOS messages about his various accounts, which one had bills due that he SHOULD PAY, and which one's he has us pay online for him, and what payment method I had used, always sending him his receipt via email.....Lovely.....
So, he has two auto policies and one of his favorite games, ooops quandaries, is switching vehicle from one policy to another, now at the beginning of a new year his accountant fears he has been muddling business with personal on his auto's and wants it all straightened out, and he wants all the payment information changed in these EFT aka automatic payments, oops here again one of them is really automated and another is Kathy Automated reminders scheduled in outlook that it's time to pay someone elses bills, now that appeals to me, especially when I get pissed at myself for forgetting to pay one of my bills, and comedies of all comedies, it was my car insurance...maybe it's because I've been paying Barak's too many times as he's on monthly installments, and then he wants certain vehicles taken off the policy, and others that have been driving around uninsured for 2 months of owner absence added onto the two policies, he'll call me back with that information.
Now from dealing with him I have learned the hard way not to move too quickly, another phone call could reverse it all. So I tend to the payment changes 1st, most of the carriers will only let you process 1 endorsement every 3-4 days, at best 1 a day, how did I learn this....by doing changes for dear Barak, 5 years of changes for Barak.
Years ago he started out trying to yell at me to the point of confusion, now his file is so documented there can be no point of confusion except on his part, now when he starts to yell at me, I raise my voice slightly and speak to him in a very controlling fashion, and does knuckle under, and has now decided to pretend he is human, too.
5 different business policies floated this year to gain each a certificate of insurance, equaling 5 premiums, and in 1 year 4 of those companies are no longer functional, policies have cancelled out for non payment, constant lapses of coverage on all policies render me making payments in different fashion for different carriers and begging them to re-instate him.
He calls 5 more times yesterday with changes to be made on the auto policies, I will do them this morning slightly before noon in case he calls back.
The last one was about the business policy, his EFT against a charge card bounced in mid November, he ignored the notices I emailed him that it was needing payment to avoid a 1/4/2012 cancel date, " What could I do to get this straightened out?"
So back online, trying to get registered with a user name and id for his account only, fixing credit card information, making the payment and I am OUT OF THERE BY 5:15PM....GO BARAK!!!! Well Done.
I will never understand the chaos that rules some business people, especially the owners in charge of their own payable's, it is out and out scary what doesn't get done, paid out, or processed. I don't understand having a business or lively hood and totally bastardizing it.
I was self employed for a number of years, and you do have to stay in tune with it, or it will bit your ass, won't it?
No comments:
Post a Comment