Saturday, January 21, 2012

Snow

Yesterday it snowed snow for the better part of the day, forecasters saying it would be 4 to 9 inches, so on lunch from work, stopped to shop for main items needed, then headed back to work to finish out the afternoon which ended an hour early.
An hour to get home, render people in little cars moving slow, and suv's trying to push them or pass them, I have all wheel drive on my vehicle but try hard no to push the little cars nor their drivers who are out of their element in this heavier snow, their little tires giving little traction on un-plowed roads.

I come home to find my pal has already cleared the snow from the drive I was trying to get home to, and he's lent our son his truck for the evening shift at the restaurant, so he'd have all wheel drive.

We have the dreamers eye that sees the snow falling like she's looking out of the snow globe, the driver's eye that sees all the pitfalls going on around her, and then we have the child within her mind who still likes to shovel snow as it's falling.

So as I make my jokes about living in the midwest, while it's true that I cannot tolerate the cold anymore as I once did, I still do love to see a snowfall, to feel that quiet, cold peace steal over me, and savor a minute of it during it's gentle hush as it falls around me.

No comments: