Sunday, January 8, 2012

Surroundings that move me

"When was the last time, you saw the sunrise, or sunset? Where exactly were you?
Was it inland and you watched it through a window? Were you driving in car? Is it not spectacular regardless of backdrop?

When was the last time you saw it surrounded by the ocean? Did you find it to be one of the most beautiful natural sights your eyes ever witnessed?

I am fascinated at times to know I lived out my life in the Midwest, USA.
Only my love of the fall, and of family has kept me here. I don't really belong here, haven't for years.

In truth I belong by an Ocean, I am far happier and creative near an Ocean. It feeds my soul, and that is what defines each of us. We are each a soul, housed in a body, we are all unique. A body breaks down over time, a fed soul will not, a badly fed soul might break down or experience too much change, negativity, thus the importance of a well loved background.

July 2007 was the last time I saw Laguna Beach and tide, walking the beach and investigating the marine life held within the rocks, always such a great surprise, so busy in natural life. July 2002 was the last time I saw a Sunset right back down into the Ocean in sunny California. "I must go down to the sea again........"

I Must Go Down to the Sea - John Masefield:

I must go down to the sea again,
to the lonely sea and the sky,
And all I ask is a tall ship and a star
to steer her by,
And the wheel's kick and the wind's song and the white sail's shaking,
And a grey mist on the sea's face and a grey dawn breaking.
I must go down to the seaS again, for the call of the running tide
Is a wild call and a clear call that may not be denied;
And all I ask is a windy day with the white clouds flying,
And the flung spray and the blown spume, and the sea-gulls crying.
I must go down to the seas again, to the vagrant gypsy life,
To the gull's way and the whale's way where the wind's like a whetted knife;
And all I ask is a merry yarn from a laughing fellow-rover,
And quiet sleep and a sweet dream when the long trick's over.

No comments: